by Karina
Today I had an English assignment to write about an incident from my childhood. I decided to write about my sixth birthday, when I was given a surprise birthday party. So without further ado,
My Surprise 6th Birthday Party
"Surprise!" I looked around the full room in stunned silence. Miss Sarah, Gram, Mama...I gave a small giggle because I simply didn't know what else to do. Everyone burst into laughter. It was a surprise birthday party! And not just any birthday party, a tea party--complete with fancy cut glass plates and teacups, special little deserts made of layered cookies and pudding, and flowers on the table. Mama had lovingly invited all the people who were special to me, and made it as elegant as could be. After the tea party, I sat in the living room wearing my birthday tiara (a present from Papa earlier that morning) and opened my gifts. The card in the gift from Gram had pretty flowers covering the front. The envelope read, "Miss Karina Grace."
"I thought that since this is such a fancy grown-up occasion that I had better write "Miss" on your card," she told me with a smile. I reached into the bag, and what do you think came out? It was another tiara! What a special birthday that was. It was one of my favorites. So many people came to celebrate with me and show me how much they loved me. And I still have both of those tiaras!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Make us happy!